Please enter search criteria
Who is Central Stores:
Central Stores is a self-supporting department dedicated to providing value-added goods and services to the university and surrounding communities. Central Stores stocks over 5,000 commonly used items for campus and the State of Iowa. Central Stores serves as the main supply warehouse for items, such as, personal protective equipment (PPE), janitorial cleaning supplies, maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) supplies, tools and paper products. Central Stores utilizes Board of Regents procurement contracts and often sources items in bulk or truckload (i.e. copy paper, toilet paper). Utilizing local and national contracts and sourcing in bulk helps lower the least-landed costs to our customers, students and the State of Iowa. Customers can visit Central Stores in person at the General Services Building, room 192 OR visit us online.
Central Stores COVID-19 responsibilities:
Central Stores continually works with local and national vendors on securing supplies. As an essential operation, Central Stores is receiving new supply, fulfilling orders and delivering product to campus daily. Please continue to visit our? Central Stores catalog on the latest product offerings.
Importance of utilizing Central Stores:
Central Stores is dedicated to providing superior service and supplies to Iowa State University. While you may find what you need online or from a local retailer, here are five reasons why everyone benefits from purchasing centrally through Central Stores:
1. Power in numbers: Central Stores works closely with its vendors and can negotiate a better price or when buying in bulk.
2. In stock and same day delivery: No need to leave your office, job site or lab. Most commonly used supplies are on campus and on the shelf at Central Stores. All Central Stores orders qualify for free same day or scheduled delivery to your desk, lab or specific job site. Make sure to note your specific delivery location and available delivery hours during the catalog checkout process.
3. Get the proper products: Whether you have questions about maintenance and repair or about cleaning products, Central Stores has the personnel expertise to help answer your questions. Example: Central Stores works closely with Environmental Health and Safety and Facilities Planning and Management to ensure the cleaning supplies we stock are safe and effective for cleaning offices and labs.
4. Ordering and billing simplified: Central Stores accepts both p-cards and university worktags as forms of payment. Central Stores orders do not require third party approval and customers are billed directly via Workday.
5. Avoid being scammed: Demand is creating opportunity for scammers selling fake items or not fulfilling orders. The university has seen an increase in fraud, which can be avoided by working with Central Stores.
Not just in-stock supplies:
Browse over 5,000 items in Central Stores online catalog. All items are competitively sourced and bid through local and national contracts and kept on campus for your convenience.Not in stock? Central Stores can special order any item using contracts to ensure all customers receive the lowest cost possible. For special order requests, call or email Bill Spratt: [email protected] OR 515-294-0402.